Friday, July 19, 2013

Here I Am


Hey friends. You may or may not have noticed that I’ve fallen off the planet been a bit antisocial for the past oh 7 months or so. No posts, no reviews, no linkups, no sponsors, nada.

When I first started Pushing the Lemons it was for the sole purpose of remembering the wonderful, sleep deprived, chaotic, fleeting, and tender moments with my kiddos. I shared my posts with my friends and family and then something cool happened along the way. I started linking up with new blogging friends, participating in blog hops and I watched my little blog grow. Suddenly I had people asking me to do reviews and co host mingles and I was flattered.

I spent many nights up blogging long after my kiddos were in bed trying to make the deadline for a linkup or get in enough posts for the week. And for a while, my numbers on Facebook, Twitter, and GFC grew as a result. I admit that it was a little bit of a rush. I got caught up in it for the wrong reasons. It was so fun and exciting but also exhausting. I was in school full time, with a budding business, 3 kids, a husband, and a neglected house. I was beginning to feel overwhelmed.

Something had to give or this momma was going to break. And so blogging took a back seat until I eventually quit. Cold Turkey. And for a while it felt like a huge relief. One less thing to get done in a day, one less thing to juggle. But I missed it.

I still follow all of my favorite blogs and it’s as though I’m keeping up with long lost friends. And lately I’ve felt a twinge of envy every time I read about their exciting plans for Blog Her. So many of you are getting ready to have the adventure of a lifetime and forging friendships over a shared love for writing. That was supposed to be me. I so desperately wanted to be a part of that amazing community of women. That’s how I came to the conclusion that it was time.

So here I am dipping my toes back in to the world of blogging. Not for sponsors and not for numbers but because I’ve felt inspired again.

Yes my life is still busy and my house is still dirty. Laundry, legos and potty training catastrophes all fight for my attention.

But I’ve come to realize that writing is my therapy. And so here I am. It's been way too long. 


1 comment: