Monday, November 12, 2012

Circus Act

You know it's been too long since you've posted on your blog when you have to think about your password to actually log in and write something. Lately I haven't had more than a few seconds at a time to look at my computer, much less write about meaningful things and it's so frustrating because I've put a lot of time and effort into this little piece of the web and to see it sitting so idle and blah makes me kind of sad. And while I still don't have anything too exciting to share, I do feel like I owe you guys an explanation.

I haven't talked much about it on the blog but on top of juggling three kids, I'm a full time student getting certified to teach Elementary Education. It's something I've always wanted to do and I while love every second of it, this semester has been really demanding. On top of my two night a week class schedule, I've been going out weekly to work in an actual classroom and it has been a blast! But writing a ridiculous amount of case studies and essays? Not so much.

And then there's my "thing." Remember a while back when I told you guys I was working on something that was just for me? Well in between dirty diapers and carpool lines I've been working on it like a mad woman. While I still can't share all the details with you, I can tell you that it has taken on a life of it's own lately including meetings with designers, suppliers, and patent attorneys.  Say wha? Yeah...it's become a full fledged, whirlwind, oh my God I'm really doing this kind of thing.


Mommy's little helper.


Needless to say, this mama is starting to feel more like a juggling circus act than a creative writer but for the first time in a really long time I'm feeling inspired. I'm so excited about all of the opportunities that are in front of me and I can't wait to share them with you. I just have a take home midterm and a case study to write first...

4 comments:

  1. So glad you're feeling inspired! You can do it! And so glad to see an update from you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like you're super busy! Way to go for pursuing things you are really passionate about!

    I'm your newest follower, and I can't wait to read more and find out about this secret side project you've got going on!

    Stop by sometime. :)
    What's in a Name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! I can't wait to hear about it!! Best of luck with all your assignments!

    ReplyDelete