Friday, August 17, 2012

Laughter is the Best Medicine

It doesn't seem possible, but baby girl turned 6 months old this week. {monthly update coming soon!} Her little cheeks are the yummiest things I have ever seen- I could seriously just eat them up.

Today, she belly laughed for the very first time! I mean she's giggled for us, but today she laughed and there are simply no words to describe that feeling. So there I was, right in the middle of a stressful morning, laughing through my tears and trying my hardest to soak it all in.


I must say it has been different having another girl after being a boy mom. People warned me about this. Not that it's a bad thing, of course, but it's just different. This is my daughter. This is a little girl who will learn from me all that it means to be a woman. And for some reason I am slightly completely freaked out by this. I feel like I have a lot of work to do before I can be the example that she deserves. OMG! She's only six months old and she's already driving me to therapy!!

But that's only because I want so much for her...

I want her to be confident and strong.
I want her to be healthy and love her body.
I want her to respect herself.
I want her to respect her family.
I want her to respect the earth.
I want her to let me put giant bows in her hair.
I want her to let me comfort her when her heart is broken.
I want her to know I've been there too.
I want her to see the world.
And I want that world to be nice to her. Afterall, she is my baby girl.
I want her to be genuine,
kind,
brave,
honest,
and happy...

Always be happy sweet Caroline.

7 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through the Paper Mama! My boy is 6 months as well, but I am the opposite. I had a girl first and then a boy. It is different going from one gender to the other. I love having one of each!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Torie, thanks for checking out my blog and saying Hi! Having one of each is so much fun, but nothing could have prepared me for a little boy!

      Delete
  2. What a sweet post! Your little girl is just too cute! I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! My little guy is 5 months old & he just belly laughed to. Oh my, that's pure mama joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I'm SO glad you linked up to the Mommy-Brain Mixer and I hope to see you again on Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete