Sunday, September 2, 2012

Liebster Award

I've been nominated for a wha? That's what I said when I opened my inbox.
Adventures of the Triple B's gave me a Liebster award! {Go check out her blog for some fantastic parenting tips and advice!} It's an award of recognition that is given out to new bloggers from other bloggers. Basically, it's a nice pat on the back and I am flattered. Actually, it pretty much knocked my socks off!

I was asked a few questions that I'd love to answer for ya'll!

1. What is your favorite food to make?
  I don't consider myself a wonderful cook so I'd have to say anything in the crock pot. It's  
  usually good and kind of hard to screw up.   

2. What does your desk look like right now?
 A hot mess. Between my school work and the kids school projects, I fear I may never see 
 it's surface again.

3. If you had to give your child one important piece of advice right now, what would it be?
  Dream Big and chase them with all of your heart.

4. What makes you laugh?
  I've said it before but it's true. My kids are the funniest people I have ever met. Their brutal 
  honesty and simplistic views on life crack me up on a daily basis.
.
5. What is your favorite color?
   Blue. Navy blue, sky blue, Benjamin Moore sea salt blue...I don't discriminate.
 
6. What is your favorite season and why?
   Spring. My birthday, my son's birthday, Mother's Day, My Anniversary, and Father's Day 
   all fall within 6 weeks of each other at our house so it's like one big extended holiday.

7. What do you do to calm down after an insane day?
   Drink wine. Take a bath. Repeat as needed.

8. Where do you love to shop at most?
   Target. I can grab lip gloss and diapers in one stop.

9. What is your favorite blog to read?
   That's a tough question because there are so many. Lately, I'm loving Growing up Geeky 
   and Jess and the Boys .

10. What does home mean to you?
   It's my happy place. It's the place where my kids are growing up and memories are being 
   made.

11. What is your favorite joke?
   What did the Sushi say to the Bee? Wassabee!?


I'm nominating the following blogs:

The Lewis Life
Big A little a
Our Happy Family
Nurse Loves Farmer

These blogs all caught my eye for different reasons. I loved their writing, or their design, or their photos, or all of the above. I encourage you to check them out!

Here are my 11 questions for them:
 
 
 1.  What made you decide to start a blog?
 2.  Best cure for writers block?
 3.  Do you have a nickname?
 4.  Are you a cat or dog person? {or neither}
 5.  Last movie you saw in a Theater?
 6.  What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
 7.  What was your first car?
 8.  What is your favorite blog to follow?
 9.  If you had to choose a last meal, what would it be?
10. Name something on your bucket list.
11. What is your favorite family tradition?

Okay, for those of you that I nominated, here are the rules. The Liebster Award is given to bloggers, by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say, “You are doing a great job.” It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it is also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs and get them more readers and followers! When you receive the award you post eleven random facts about yourself, and answer eleven questions from the person who nominated you. You pass the award onto other blogs, (make sure you let them know they were nominated.) and ask them eleven questions. You are not allowed to nominate the blog that nominated you. Now start nominating! :)






2 comments:

  1. oh thanks for passing it on to me! someone else just did a couple days ago too so I will have fun answering all these questions! loved reading your answers...and I love one stop shopping @ Target too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination. You can check out my post here.

    ReplyDelete