Sunday, September 16, 2012

Potluck Sunday: Taco Soup

Fall is just around the corner and there is nothing better than a big bowl of hearty soup on a chilly day. This soup eats like a meal and is even better left over. 






INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 can kidney beans
  • 1 can pinto beans
  • 1 can stewed tomatoes
  • 1 can diced tomatoes (for extra heat you can substitute tomatoes w/ chopped green chilies)
  • 1 can yellow corn
  • 1 pkg powdered ranch salad dressing mix
  • 1 pkg powdered taco seasoning
  • 1 pound hamburger meat
  • Sour cream
  • Shredded cheddar cheese
  • Fritos Scoops
DIRECTIONS:

  1. Brown and drain ground beef in a large skillet.
  2. While meat is cooking, pour all beans, tomatoes, corn, dry ranch mix, and dry taco seasoning into a large pot, and mix well. Cook over medium heat. 
  3. Once meat has been browned and drained add it into the pot.
  4. Cook until heated through – you can simmer for just for a few minutes or longer if time allows.
  5. Serve in a bowl and top with sour cream and cheese.  Eat with the Frito Scoops.
Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. Tacos are my absolute favorite...and this soup looks amazing! I'll have to try this recipe ASAP, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here from the mingle and now a new follower... this recipe looks great and with fall coming, it will be perfect! Like your blog design too - nice colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy! I love taco soup, but this one has some differences that I cant wait to try! Thanks for sharing!
    Thyme, your newest follower!
    Feel free to follow back.sixty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me! I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!

      Delete
  4. love me a hearty soup I could really go for some of that right now!!!:-)
    I am your newest follower and would love if you stopped by for a visit too!

    http://spunkyrealdeal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummo! I need all the help I can get in the kitchen! This looks and sounds dee-lish! Thanks for stopping by my blog thru GFC hop! Happy to be a new reader!!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really loving your simple and easy recipes! This one also looks super delicious!

    xx
    The Fashionable ESQ

    http://www.thefashionableesq.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete