Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Rock and Roll All Night-Toddle Along Tuesday

It all started so innocently. We weren't trying to expose our toddler to Rock music or men dressed up in outrageous costumes and face paint. It happened not long after my husband and some buddies went to a Kiss concert. He bought a t-shirt to wear around the house and Henry took an interest in it. Since Henry doesn't talk a whole lot yet, when he began to point to each of the band members, my husband started reciting their names, one by one, just like we do with nearly everything. Ace, Gene, Paul, and Cat Man.


Well wouldn't you know it, my little guy who barely says anything, repeated all of their names on cue. We were so excited! We clapped and cheered him on. And since the shirt eventually had to go in the wash, I did what any good mama would do and downloaded a picture of Kiss on my ipad for him.

It was so funny in the beginning. He showed off his new trick to anyone who would pay attention. And then we made a rookie mistake. We downloaded a youtube video of  "I Wanna Rock and Roll all Night" and my sweet toddler has morphed into a little head banger, complete with air guitar. I'm not proud but I do turn my head and giggle.


 
{I caught Henry, completely unprompted, trying to teach baby sister his favorite
band members Paul and Gene. #socialservicesicanexplain}
 
 
*Linking up with
 
 

15 comments:

  1. This proves they are little sponges...soaking it all up when you least expect it! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are watching your every move! That is for sure. They know a whole lot more than they let on to also...but I love this age! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your son can navigate that tablet better than i could! That's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha that is so funny. I guess he has good taste in music! Gene Simons would be proud!

    Thanks for joining in on this weeks Toddle Along Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gene Simons would be proud! I half way thought I should dress Henry up like that for Halloween but I think I would get a lot of sideway stares from the neighbors :)

      Delete
  5. ahahhaha!! That is so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that is absolutely adorable! I'm all for this teaching method ;D My little one is learning language better through music, so my house is now filled with guitars, keyboard and tons of music-related stuff (iPad, apps, dvds, CDs, his own little mp3 player). Whatever works is what you should run with--even his speech therapist told me that :) I'm so proud of your little boy! He's happy with his new friends. I love KISS, too!

    We met through Two-In-Diapers (Cassie!)
    Daydreaming Realist

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to meet you! Yes mine is very musical as well so I'm taking him to a music class once a week which he loves! And of course, the first day he named all of the KISS band members for the entire class :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting from tottle along Tuesday. That is so stinking cute! I am loving the toddler habits. So fun. Hope you ate having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, that video is too cute! It's crazy the technology that toddlers can learn how to use. I swear my 1 year old already knows how to unlock my touchscreen phone.

    ReplyDelete