Monday, October 29, 2012

Toddle Along Tuesday: Christmas Wish List

There are only 56 days left until Christmas and I am excited to report that this Type A Mama has the kids' wish lists under control. As in, I bought it all on Amazon months ago and it's sorted, wrapped, and sitting in the basement waiting on Santa. {Yeah, I know, they probably make a pill for that.}

Henry's visit with Santa last year. He obviously shares my love of holiday mall madness :) 


Now I know you are thinking to yourself, where's the fun in that? But honestly, I am such a planner that by the time July rolled around I started freaking myself out about buying for 3 kids {OMG 3 kids!} this year. Not that we go all crazy or anything but Christmas is my favorite holiday and I hate, hate crowded stores. Call me Scrooge but I think I'd rather go to the gynecologist than tote 3 kids through thousands of angry holiday shoppers at the mall. And since Anna has been telling me what she wants since December 26th of last year, Henry loves anything related to Olivia or Thomas, and the baby will be thrilled with the wrapping paper, it made sense to just order it all online and have it delivered right to my doorstep.

A few items on the kids' lists this year are:

Anna-XOXO Faux Leather Jacket




Henry- Step 2 Canyon Road Train Table & Track
Caroline- Manhattan Toy Baby Stella doll

That's not to say my Holiday shopping is complete. I haven't bought the first thing for the kids teachers, my husband or my huge family. I still have a lot of shopping left to do but you can bet a million dollars that you won't find me in the last minute checkout lines. Bah-Humbug!

11 comments:

  1. You crack me up! I bought 2 gifts so far and I thought I was ahead of the game. I only have one kid though...way different than 3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That train table is so cute! I wish we had room for something like that in our house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that it is all 1 piece...less parts to lose is a winner in my book!

      Delete
  3. Visiting from Naptime Review...your blog is so pretty, love the colors!! I will definitely be back!

    www.elisabethferre.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting stuff for kids' teachers! I completely forgot that was a 'thing' - Clara doesn't really have 'teachers' yet, per se, but she has a couple of people who kind of fit into that category for her - thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Henry's first year in pre school and his classroom has 2 teachers so I'll have to get creative...

      Delete
  5. I'm so impressed you are already done shopping and wrapping gifts for your kids! I just starting compiling a "wish list" on Amazon for E and thought I was ahead of the game. LOL

    Nice list! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Isn't Amazon the best invention ever? I don't know what our parents used to do when they had to call in orders from catalogs. Can you imagine?

      Delete
  6. Wow, done by July! Good for you. I don't like to buy presents til after Tksgiving, and even then only online. Holidays are a happy time, but shoppers are not! And you have to buy presents for their teachers AND your huge family! Well, as long as you love to do it!

    ReplyDelete